The Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC) has issued version 1.0 of the “Fair Lending” booklet of the Comptroller’s Handbook. The revised booklet replaces the previous booklet that was issued in January 2010. The booklet provides information and examination procedures to assist in assessing fair lending risk and is a great educational tool for all institutions. If you have any fair lending responsibilities at your institution, the OCC’s Fair Lending Handbook is worthy of a review.
Highlights of the revised booklet:
- Reflects changes to laws and regulations since this booklet was last published.
- Reflects the current OCC approach to fair lending examinations.
- Includes new and clarified details on examination scenarios.
- Includes clarified and expanded risk factors for a variety of examination types.
- Includes clarifying edits regarding supervisory guidance, sound risk management practices, and applicable legal standards.
- Revises certain content for clarity.
Follow the link below to download the latest PDF version of the Fair Lending Handbook:
OCC’s Fair Lending Handbook